Property MaintenanceMowing, Weed Whacking, Fertilization, Weeding, Insect Control, Over-seeding, Liming, Aeration, Dethatching, Pruning, Edging, Seasonal Clean-ups
Property Maintenance Plans
Our most popular property maintenance plans include Mowing, Weed Whacking, Edging & Blowing.
These weekly programs are specifically designed for those clients who expect a meticulously maintained landscape.
2. Weed Whacking
Choosing a property maintenance plan with K. Kramer Landscaping will dramatically enhance the beauty of your property’s landscape. Our team is trained extensively in landscaping best-practices to be prepared for any scenario.
You’ll be excited to show off your beautiful property to family and friends.
While performing maintenance, we’ll be monitoring the health of your lawn and shrubs.
If we find any health problems with your lawn and shrubs, you’ll be the first to know.
We’ll give you recommendations to enhance your overall landscape for the future.
Additional Property Maintenance Services
Click a service below to view details
When J. Kramer Landscaping fertilizes your lawn, you will see amazing results on your property.
- Thicker, Greener Turf
- Fewer Weeds
- A Healthier, More Attractive Lawn
- A Heartier, More Stress-Resistant Lawn
- We have a Lawn-Care Program to fit your needs and budget.
5-Step Annual Lawn Fertilization Program
- Applied the second week of March through mid April and consists of a well-balanced fertilizer along with pre-emergence for crab grass control.
- Applied mid April through mid May. Fertilizer along with broadleaf weed control will be applied at this time. Please remember we can only control those weeds showing at the time of application.
- Grub Control/Insect Control is applied through June, giving season-long control against grubs and the damage they cause.
- Applied mid Aug to early Oct. Fertilization will bring your lawn back to the lush green appearance that may have been lost through the stress of the long, hot summer heat. Also a broadleaf weed control will be applies at this time. Please remember we can only control those weeds showing at the time of application.
- Applied mid October to mid Dec. Fertilization will be used to prepare your lawn for the winter, which will also help for a quicker green up in the spring.
Benefits of Weeding Your Landscape Beds
The major benefit of weeding weekly is that your weeds will not have a chance to multiply. If you let the weeds multiply and take over, they will eventually chock out your expensive landscape plants and kill them. It is critical to hire your landscaper to take care of your weeds on a regular basis before it ends up costing you major money.
Lawn & Shrub Insect Control Services
Unfortunately even healthy lawns can develop disease and insect problems, which if left untreated, can destroy an entire yard. When we are servicing your property, we are always on the lookout for these types of problems. If any problems are evident we will notify you immediately, and with your permission, take the necessary steps to control them.
Prevention of insect damage for your lawn and shrubs is a best practices measure by J. Kramer Landscaping. Our pest prevention methods have been proven effective for many years. When the damage is done it is a more involved and often costly process to get your lawn or shrubs back to looking good. We count on our years of experience in the insect control industry to provide effective and affordable insect control services.
Over-seeding newer turf-grass varieties into an older lawn can help it better withstand:
- Shady Conditions
- Heavy Traffic
The expense in overseeding pays off by reducing the required amount of:
The most important thing to remember is a renovated lawn looks and stays:
The Benefits of Liming
- Strengthens your soil by raising pH.
- Preps lawn for absorption of nutrients from fertilizer.
- Strengthens rates in seed germination.
- Builds a healthy system to fight disease, weeds, fungus and insects.
- Helps develop a full and thick lawn that can withstand cold winter weather.
Why is Aeration Necessary?
Lawn aeration cuts through compacted soil that can block water, nutriments and oxygen from reaching roots. Aeration helps to break up thatch, which accumulates around the base of grass shoots. It also helps with the growth of soil microorganisms that help to break down thatch and to keep it from forming. Like compacted soil, thatch can act as a barrier to water, food and oxygen and can harm your lawn if the proper steps are not taken.
What is Thatch and Why Should You Remove It?
Thatch, in your lawn, is a layer of dead grass. This layer of plant material includes roots, grass and leaves which lay on the surface of the soil. This excess grass is actually a decomposing plant material that can suffocate your lawn. To help with a healthy lawn after a long and cold winter, it is important to expose the soil to warmth and sunlight. The best way to do this is to dethatch your lawn.
Dethatching provides many benefits, including:
- Healthy root growth
- Allows the fertilizer that we apply to your lawn to properly mix with the soil
- Allow the correct amount of water to get to the roots
Benefits of Pruning
- Irregular growing habits can be corrected
- Bring in an earlier bloom period
- Cause flower and fruit size to skyrocket
- Aid in controlling disease and pests
Achieving Optimal Levels of Pruning
Pruning during the period when a plant is dormant usually results in the abundance of larger shoots during the next growing season. There are limits to the amount of pruning that can be done. Over-pruning the plant can prevent any and all bud formation. As a result, it is a wise idea to hire an experienced landscaping company like J. Kramer Landscaping for pruning plants so the right level can be achieved, maximizing growth without harming plants.
Benefits of Bed Edging
- Gives you a cleaner mowing and trimming line.
- Keeps mulch where it belongs.
- Saves trimming and weeding time.
- Provides a root barrier to prevent invasive lawn grasses from entering flower beds.
- Adds value to your landscape without necessarily spending a lot of money.
- Shows off your flowers and shrubs.
- Complements and contrasts the house and the remainder of your landscape.
- Adapts to straight or curved areas with equal ease.
Spring clean-ups are a very important step in getting your lawn and landscape beds to look their best after a long winter. The proper clean-up is needed to remove all the winter debris that has fallen on your lawn and shrubs so the can receive the proper sun and water with no restrictions.
Fall clean-ups are another very important factor to healthy shrubs and lawn areas. If you don’t remove all your leaves from the property you could face major damage to your lawn and shrubs because leaves carry a lot of acidity in them witch can be a harmfully if not removed in a timely manor.